Let’s face it, one year olds can seem tough to know what to do with all day long. They are busy and on the go, but still put everything in their mouths, are easily overstimulated, and have a tendency to want to get into that which they are not allowed. So what are some activities for 1 year olds that you can do every day?
20 Activities for 1 Year Olds You Can Do EVERY Day!
As a stay-at-home mom, there were many days where I was left wondering, “what am I going to do with him/her all day?”. I’m sharing some of my go-to’s that can be done every single day (kids love repetition), and, that don’t require anything that you most likely wouldn’t have at home. Grab the free printable of these activities and hang them in every room in your house for quick reference 😉
20 things to do with your one year old
- Sing a song. Babies don’t care what your voice sounds like or what you’re singing, they will love it anyway.
- Go for a walk (grab the umbrellas in the rain and splash in puddles – bonus points if you jump too ;)).
- Bang on pots and pans. This will actually let you get dinner cooked, trust me.
- Read a book. Or the same book over and over.
- Puppet show with stuffed animals. Use funny voices and this will never get old!
- Do a puzzle. Don’t have puzzles? Make a simple matching one or a magnetic one.
- Play peek-a-boo.
- Play with stickers.
- Scribble together.
- Play in water. It can be as simple as filling the kitchen or bathroom sink, to handing them a hose. You can also give some of these simple water play for babies ideas a shot.
- Stack pillows and knock them down, or create a large crash mat!
- Roll a big ball back and forth.
- Have a dance party. Crank up the tunes and show you little one your best moves, you will have a happy audience.
- Make animal sounds (bonus points for acting them out!).
- Play chase. Run slowly and act surprised when your little one tags you, and be prepared for lots of giggles.
- Make a marching band. Use a tupperware lid as a tambourine, shake a can of beans like maracas. Almost anything can be used as an instrument!
- Snuggle. Make it a game or simple enjoy the cuddles.
- Point out body parts. Little ones love to find their nose, eyes, mouth and ears. They will enjoy finding yours as well!
- Recite a nursery rhyme. Need a refresher? Check out these 10 classic rhymes.
- Make an indoor obstacle course! Put some pillows on the floor to run around, some stuffed animals to step over, or some soft balls to gently kick. Get creative with this one!
So, do you think you can do these activities for 1 year olds every day?
If you’re up for the challenge, don’t forget to print them out. You can access these by leaving your email address below, which puts you on the list to get more fun activities and printables delivered to your inbox weekly! Stay busy, play, and have fun!
Need more ideas for 1 Year Olds? Look no further!