This Ten Apples Up On Top file folder game for kids is a way to combine books and learning. Use the free printable game to practice counting with your kids.
Ten Apples Up On Top! is a classic Dr. Seuss kids’ book! Have you read it with your littles yet? Here is a fun and simple apples up on top file folder game you can make for your kids to play after you have read the book.
Be sure to check out the other awesome activities for the book linked at the bottom of this post.
Ten Apples Up On Top File Folder Game
What you need:
- download the printable here
- file folder
What to do:
- Download and print the printable.
- Cut out all of the animal pieces and all of the apples.
- Glue the animals to the file folder in the position shown in the pictures below.
- Read the prompts to your child, or let them read if they are able to, and help them place the correct number of apples on the game board.
Tips for more fun:
- Read the book first so that your child has context.
- No file folder? No problem. Simply place the cut pieces on a table and make it a table top game.
- Laminate the game pieces to make them more durable.
- Omit the apples and use dots of play dough, red pom-poms, etc as the apples.
- Keep the pieces in a ziplock bag inside the file folder and take with you on the go!
More ‘Ten Apples Up On Top’ Activities from the VBC:
- Magnetic Names Apple Picking – Preschool Powol Packets
- Fine Motor Apple Graphing Activity – Kara Carrero
- Apple Scented Playdough Recipe – Rainy Day Mum
- Finger-Painted Apple Trees – Clare’s Little Tots
- Play dough Apple Stacking Activity – Inspiration Laboratories
- Colorful Spin Art Apple Banner for Kids – Toddler Approved
- Apple Themed Pre-Writing Activity – Sugar Aunts
- Ten Apples Up On Top Gross Motor Game – Still Playing School
- Are Apples Round – Peakie Pie
- Stacking Levitating Magnets – Teach Beside Me
- Preschool Learning Fun for Ten Apples Up On Top – Mama Smiles
- Apple Snack – Craft Create Calm