This ebook will give you TONS of ideas for play-based learning with household materials for kids. Check out how you can modify activities for different ages, and why learning through play is so important!
Grab these printables to keep your little ones busy AND learning! Simply download and print at home! (Psst. We love to laminate and use them over and over again with a dry erase marker!)
See more busy bags here.
Check out these brands/products that I love and recommend to facilitate play-based learning at home, and help keep you sane! These are affiliate programs that I am a part of, which means I receive a small commission for purchases made through these links. BUT, I would never recommend a product to you that I wouldn’t use myself 😉
Items I Use Almost Every Day
- Thermal Laminator: This Amazon brand one is quite amazing and pretty inexpensive as far as laminators go. I stock up on a large refill pack and it lasts me forever. I laminate almost all of my printables because it saves paper…and dry erase markers + kids = winning.
- Fine Motor Tool Set: You could also just stock up on a big bundle of plastic tweezers, they are tons of fun.
- Plastic Bins: The shoe box size is easy to store and perfect for making multiple bins for multiple children. I also love sensory play in a big under the bed plastic bin.
- Folding Lap Desk
- Safety Scissors
- Storage Box with Handle and Lid: I throw all kinds of crafting materials in here and they stack nicely for easy storage.
- Pencil Pouches: I always have these full of fun little activities in my purse to keep the kiddos busy!
- RASKOG Utility Cart: This is our art cart and I LOVVVVE it!
- Melissa And Doug: Wooden toys that really inspire imagination and creativity. They also have some really nice charts for chores, daily tasks etc that I love to use.
Gift Ideas for Kids
Subscription Boxes. These are super hot and no surprise why. Kids LOVE getting mail (heck, so do I!) and moms love items that will keep their kids busy, and learning. A win-win. From science, to arts and crafts, to cooking, here are some that you will want to check out. Be sure to come back and check this list often, I will be updating it constantly with coupons and discount codes that I find for you!
- Steve Spangler Science: These kits are full of science fair-worthy experiments that your kids can do at home.
- Awesome Pack: A board game/family activity subscription box! How fun is that?!
- Kitchen Table Passport: a monthly fun theme dinner experience that features a different country, and provides fun things to see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
- Pipsticks, Inc.: Stickers + snail mail = LOVE. (and they have some for adults too…just sayin’)
- Groovy Lab in a Box: For the STEMists in your life aged 8+.
- Bramble Box: It’s pretend play in a box. Props and activities that encourage dramatic play in kids. Swoon.
- Marky Box: Check out my post on the really cool art project we did with it here.