One of my favorite traditions, and my kids’ new favorites, is making ornaments for the Christmas tree. There are so many totally adorable ones out there, we tend to go more the route of kid-made and simple that we can keep and look back on for years to come. These kid made ornaments are SO simple and made from just pipe cleaners and cookie cutters! You could add beads and ribbons to really fancy them up a bit.
Kid Made Ornaments
What you need:
- pipe cleaners of various colors
- Christmas-themed cookie cutters (star, angel, tree, stocking, mitten, etc.)
- string or ornament hanger
What to do:
Wrap the pipe cleaner around the cookie cutter, pressing around each curve well.
Once fully wrapped around the cookie cutter, twist ends of pipe cleaner to fasten and cut off excess pipe cleaner.
Tie a string to the top of the ornament, and they are done!
Completely kid made!
Kids have so much fun with the independence this project provides them! They also have a lot of choice in their product with the shape and color, this gives them an immense sense of pride over the finished ornament.
Do you have any favorite kid made ornaments?
See more ‘Holiday Decor’ posts from the Blogmas bloggers!
- DIY Christmas Centerpieces by My Legendary Style
- 3D Shrinky Dink Christmas Ornaments by STLMotherhood
- Fast and Easy Holiday Table Decor by Ripped Jeans and Bifocals
- Easy Christmas Home Decor Ideas by Dear Creatives
- DIY Wine Cork Wreath by Motherhood and Merlot
- I Love Christmas Decorations and You Should Too by Verified Mom
Leave a Reply