One of my favorite parts of Spring is starting a garden! I think getting the kids involved in gardening is a great way to teach them about healthy foods, and the importance or not wasting food and knowing how your food is grown. I have started reading garden appliance reviews at https://appliancehunter.co.uk/. We live in a cold climate in the winter, and we can still have some chilly days in March and April, which pushes the real gardening back to May. We are WAY too impatient for that and like to start seeds indoors! And what a better way to do it than by recycling materials you already have used in your house and that are ready to be tossed in the trash! Here are 5 fun ways to do this:
[Tweet “Start your garden indoors with these AWESOME recyclable starters!”]
- Use an egg carton. This is a go-to in my house, if you use the cardboard cartons then you can simply just cut each section apart and plant them in the ground!
Thrifty Jinxy has these excellent tips for taking your egg carton starters to the next level!
2. Linkouture uses recycled materials such as yogurt containers to start her seeds with her toddler!
3. Check out how Capri + 3 uses dryer lint to start their seeds at home! I think this is SO cool!
4. Click to read what recycled material Mama By Fire added to her egg cartons!
5. These cartons that Natural Beach Living used were just genius!
6. I love how Twitchetts used this simple household recyclable to make some biodegradable seed starters!
Happy Spring! I would love to see what you use to start your seeds indoors! Comment below 🙂