Sticky walls are so much fun for kids to play with, it’s like having a giant sticker! It’s an almost magical experience for little ones as they get creative with supplies and have free reign to decorate a section of the wall 🙂 This apple picking sticky wall activity pairs well with the book, Ten Red Apples, this week’s book for the Virtual Book Club for Kids!
Sticky Wall Activity for Kids
A sticky wall is essentially a piece of contact paper (sticky side out) attached to the wall with masking tape. We like to make these with seasonal items as a fun boredom buster, and additionally, can be used for learning shapes, colors and more!
This apple picking sticky wall makes a great fall activity for kids.
If you are uncomfortable with placing this on your wall, it can be attached to a table top instead (though working on a vertical surface like a wall can have great benefits).
*This post contains affiliate links.
To Make The Apple Picking Sticky Wall
What you need:
How to make the apple picking sticky wall:
Assemble a construction paper tree by cutting a trunk out of brown paper, and a tree top out of green. Attach the paper tree to the wall with a piece of masking tape.
Cut a piece of contact paper large enough to cover the tree completely, and attach it to the wall with masking tape, sticky side out (see video below to see this part in action).
On the contact paper, write numbers 1-10 using a permanent marker for kids to place and count ‘apples’.
Kids can add the pom pom apples to the tree and pick them off. This is a great activity to read along with the book, Ten Red Apples. My 4 year old enjoyed picking an apple with each page, pretending to be the animal doing the picking.
We added some felt fall leaves to our sticky wall and played and read over and over again!
Enjoy making your own apple picking sticky wall!
More Apple themed activities from the VBC co-hosts:
- Apple Tree Alphabet Letter Match – Still Playing School
- Apple Piece Names – Preschool Powol Packets
- Sea of Knowledge – Apple Addition within 5 Dough Strips
- Fingerprint Apple Counting Activity – Messy Little Monster
- Apple Math: Counting & Fractions Teach Beside Me
- Red apple number bonds to 10 – Rainy Day Mum
- Apple Tree Playdough – Clare’s Little Tots
- Baked Apples – Witty Hoots
- Apple Stack Game and Snack- Toddler Approved
- Jumping Apple Seeds- JDaniel4’s Mom
- Apple Theme STEM Activity for Preschoolers – The Educators’ Spin On It
- Glitter Apple Stamping – My Bored Toddler
- Apple Tree Tracing Page
- Apple Farm Song with Movement – My Storytime Corner
- Ten Red Apples: Number Words Activities- Growing Book by Book
- Apple Tree Gross Motor Game – Inspiration Laboratories
- Visual Perception Apple Activity – The OT Toolbox