My favorite family Christmas tradition as a child was going on a drive to look at Christmas lights. We would pile into the car, put on the Christmas tunes and go for a nice drive. My siblings and I always liked to point out the most decorated houses and spot our favorite decorations.
Inspired by Christmas Tradition
I’m not sure why this has resonated with me so much, it might be the element of competition to find the best Christmas lights 😉 My brother and I could turn anything into a challenge.
This is a tradition I have carried on with my own kids, and it continues to be one of my favorite times of the Christmas season, and is definitely on our annual Christmas bucket list for families (print yours!)
This tradition has inspired this simple little printable game for kids. Spot the Christmas decorations! In this game, some holly, bells, candy canes and pinecones are hidden behind some colorful ornaments. Print it off, and use it as a simple boredom buster for the witching hour. My kids have been doing this over and over trying to beat their time with each go at it. I guess they take after me…
Want to save on ink? Show them the game on your phone or tablet for some fun on the go!
Additionally, print it in black and white and let your kids color it in!
Clip Art from Creative Market
See more ‘Holiday Tradition’ fun!
- Green Chicken Enchiliadas by Ripped Jeans and Bifocals
- Holiday Traditions Around the World by One Ruud Mom
- Breaking Away From Holiday Traditions by Verified Mom
- Family Traditions by Babies, Bloodhounds and Booze Oh My!
- Christmas Traditions for the Whole Family by Motherhood and Merlot
- Christmas Traditions: Spot the Decorations with Free Printable! by Views From a Step Stool