There are so many things that I love about the Christmas season. I love the lights, the sounds, the smells, and even the crispness in the air. Most of all, I love the family-fun activities. I’m a sucker for hot chocolate by a bonfire, or christmas light tours and visits on Santa’s lap. There is such little time between Thanksgiving and Christmas that is seems nearly impossible to fit all of the fun in. Here are my top ten family activities for the Christmas season! I hope you’ll print off this Christmas bucket list, stick it on your fridge and join in the fun! You can even get fancy and put this printout into a cheap picture frame and check them off with a dry erase marker 🙂
A Family Christmas Bucket List:
My Top Ten
1) Have a Christmas movie night. My kids love the Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas Movies. What are your family favorites? Comment below or tweet me! I would love to check them out!
2) Bake cookies. We like to bake sugar cookies, use a house shaped cookie cutter and paint them like gingerbread houses. I haven’t actually attempted traditional christmas cookies with the kiddos yet…I have a couple of blogging besties that are definitely giving me the inspiration to do so though. Mama by Fire, Ruffles and Rain Boots and Parenting From the Heart have some pictures that leave my mouth watering.
3) Decorate the Christmas tree. My kids have different ideas of what our tree should look like than I do…I’ve been telling my husband how to do it for years! With a 5, 3 and a 1 year old at home, this might be my year to give up control. Tip: hang non-important, non-breakable ornaments down low that they can play with, avoid the battle altogether
4) Go for a Christmas light drive. One of my favorite family traditions as a child was to go for a drive in our small town, through neighborhoods, and look at how the different houses were decorated for Christmas with Christmas music playing on the radio. I plan on continuing this tradition with my children.
5) Sing Christmas carols. I think I will count on YouTube for this one, my kids would much rather learn a song from the computer than from me, should I be admitting that??
6) Make homemade ornaments. We have done I-Spy one and melted crayon ones in the past that I LOVE. My kids love making homemade ornaments, we are always looking for inspiration, again, comment below or tweet me with your ideas!
7) Make Christmas cards. I always print out or order the cute christmas cards and then never mail them…they are probably in the same stack as the birth announcements from the last three kids…so we are always last-minute making some for some set of Grandparents it seems!
8) Write a letter to Santa. This is a MUST, isn’t it? If you are in the States, and want one mailed back to your child FROM Santa, read how here.
9) Make a hot chocolate bar. We love hot chocolate around here, I was thinking of making it a fancy treat one night with chocolate spoons, candy cane stirrers, sprinkles, whipped cream…the possibilities are endless.
10) Make a homemade snow globe. I love how these look and how personalized they can be. A would LOVE the My Little Pony one! I’m not sure if we will do a photo one, or one with a trinket yet, but I’m sure we will come up with something fun!
What’s on your family’s bucket list for the holidays?
The 12 Days of Blogmas
This post is Day 2 of the 12 Days of Blogmas! Find out what that is here. In short, it consists of 12 days, 12 blogs, and a HUGE giveaway! See exactly what is included in the giveaway here. It is over $800 in prizes and $150 in PayPal cash!
See more Holiday Bucket Lists from the ’12 Days of Blogmas’ Bloggers!
- Christmas Bucket List with Free Printable by Views From a Step Stool
- Christmas Bucket List by STL Motherhood
- Holiday Bucket List by Motherhood and Merlot
- Holiday Bucket List + Free Printables by Urban Housewife Adventures
- Holiday Bucket List 2016 by My Legendary Style
- 2016 Ruud Family Holiday “Bucket List” by One Ruud Mom
- 10 Holiday Bucket List Ideas You Will Love! by Verified Mom
- 12 Days of Blogmas Holiday Bucket List by Dear Creatives
- Holiday Bucket List 2016 by Mrs AOK a Work in Progress
- Holiday Bucket List 2016 by Girl on the Move Blog