I write often about the power of play on my site. It is how kids learn best, by engaging their senses and exploring open-ended, creative and dramatic play. There are many ways in which kids can play without toys, however, we all know how much kids love to play with toys, and how much we love to give them. There are SO many kids toys. Toys that sing, toys that dance, toys that talk to you, but the best for facilitating play-based learning are those that encourage creativity and thought. I am partial to wooden toys and those that don’t make any noise. Below are three gift guides for facilitating play in babies through early elementary aged children.
Gift Guides for Engaged and Educational Play at Home
From bead mazes, stacking toys, puzzle toys and push toys, this list is full of quiet toys for babies. In other words, babies are able to engage with these toys creatively, developing problem solving skills, hand-eye coordination and reasoning. This list of toys are truly some of my favorites, and if you have a baby on your list this holiday season, I encourage you to check some of these out!
Do you have a little builder to shop for but are looking for more than just Legos (which I DO think is a wonderful choice)? This list is for those that have a busy mind and busy hands. The kids who need movement in their play and an opportunity for creative and magical thought. Some of my favorites on this list are Magna-tiles, marble runs and Playstix.
Little ones love to play ‘house’ and pretend to cook, clean and dress up. A pretend kitchen is an absolute favorite in my house. These wooden toys are lovely and gender neutral and PERFECT for inspiring dramatic play in toddlers and preschoolers.
Photo Credit: DepositPhotos
The 12 Days of Blogmas
This post is Day 3 of the 12 Days of Blogmas! Find out what that is here. In short, it consists of 12 days, 12 blogs, and a HUGE giveaway! See exactly what is included in the giveaway here. It is over $800 in prizes and $150 in PayPal cash!
See more Gift Guides from the 12 Days of Blogmas bloggers!
- Cupcake Gift Guide by Girl on the Move Blog
- Gift Guide 2016 by Mrs. AOK a Work in Progress
- The Dos and Dont’s of Giving to Kids that Aren’t Yours by One Ruud Mom
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Sports Enthusiast by Verified Mom
- Makeup Lovers Gift Guide by My Legendary Style
- Gift Guide + Free Printables by Urban Housewife Adventures
- 3 Gift Guides for Every Kid on Your List by Views From a Step Stool
- Baking Gift Guide by Dear Creatives
- Best Gifts for Wine Lovers and Beer Drinkers by Motherhood and Merlot
- Gift Guide for the Sports Mom by Ripped Jeans and Bifocals