Learning letters and letter sounds can be difficult for some kids, especially if they process information better through hands on activities. Making a letter craft gives kids the opportunity to cut, color, pinch, use fine motor skills (and more) while learning about letters. Such a fun way to learn! This alphabet letter T craft is perfect for ballet lovers, check out the book list at the bottom of this post for supplemental reading and add this to your letter of the week unit, or simply make it for fun at home.
*This post contains affiliate links.
To Make Your Letter T Craft
What you need:
- Black construction paper
- Pink tissue paper
- Chalk (handy but optional)
What to do:
1. Place the black construction paper horizontally, and draw a line at around the 5” and the 7” mark. Draw a line upwards until about 6”.
2. From there, draw lines out to create your “T” shape.
3. Next, cut 4-6 strips out of the pink tissue paper.
4. Draw a line of glue near the bottom of the T.
5. Bunch up the tissue paper line and carefully glue it to the T.
6. Repeat steps 4-5, until you’ve glued down each layer of your tutu.
7. Read books about ballerinas and ballet and ENJOY!
Books About Ballerinas that Kids Love
Angelina Ballerina by Katharina Holabird
I’m A Ballerina! (Little Golden Book) by Sue Fliess
Fancy Nancy: Budding Ballerina by Jane O’Connor
Ballerina Princess (Disney Princess) by RH Disney
Tip of the Toes by Lily Lexington
Miss Lina’s Ballerinas by Grace Maccarone
Ella Bella Ballerina and Cinderella by James Mayhew
Barbie In The Pink Shoes: Little Golden Books by Mary Tillworth
The Butterfly Ballerina by Claire Freedman
Leave a Reply