Kids love to color! For toddlers, this is a great way to learn color recognition through play. As children get older, coloring is great for building fine motor skills and pincer grasp, all necessary for handwriting.
Older children, and adults, often use coloring as a way to decompress or relax. And, coloring has proven to have many stress-reducing benefits!
How to use Coloring to Bond with Children
As coloring is such a great stress-reliever, get out the crayons and color with your children!
Working on art collaboratively is when multiple people contribute to the same piece of art. My daughter and I love to sit next to each other and both work on a section of a coloring page at a time. We are always so proud of our collaboration, and love the conversations we have while coloring.
Print an extra copy of your child’s coloring page and color one too! They will love that you are sitting next to them, distraction free, engaging in an activity that they enjoy. Plus, you might even like it 🙂
Free Printable Coloring Pages
- Spring Coloring Page: Great for Kids or Adults
- Free Printable Easter Activities: Coloring, Word Scramble & Word Search
- Space Coloring Sheets that Teach Planet Order
- New Years Resolution Coloring Page for Kids
- I am Thankful Printable Activity and Coloring Sheet
- Earth Day Coloring Page for Kids or Adults: Free Printable
Color by Code