This I am Thankful printable includes a coloring sheet, a color-in turkey to write what children are thankful for, and a color poster to fill in and print.
Thanksgiving is about many things, but being Thankful for what we have is certainly at the forefront. Teaching kids gratitude from a young age is important, and finding fun activities that help kids think about this important question, “What am I thankful for?” is helpful.
I Am Thankful Printable Activity for Kids
”What are you thankful for?” It’s a question that we are quick to ask young kids in the Fall as holidays such as Thanksgiving roll around. But, what does this really mean to kids?
Kids learn by observing, the more you talk about and display gratitude throughout the year, they better they will understand this concept. However, it’s never too late to start the discussion, and Thanksgiving is the perfect time to do so.
This I Am Thankful printable is a great way to start!
What’s included in the I Am Thankful Printable
This printable includes three activity sheets:
- a color write-in thankful turkey with 7 feathers to write what children are thankful for
- a black and white thankful turkey with 7 feathers to write what children are thankful for and then color in
- a Happy Thanksgiving turkey coloring sheet
Children can do these independently, or fill them out with friends or family! We use the color turkey to write in what we are thankful for as a family and have displayed it on the fridge.
The kids love to read it over and over and discuss why we have chosen what we are thankful for.
Click on the image below to print
Click on the image to print this, and grab as many copies as you want!
More Gratitude Craft and Activities to Try:
- 20 Gratitude Crafts and Activities to Do with the Family
- DIY Gratitude Jar: Upcycled, Kid-Made & SIMPLE
- A Month of Gratitude with Kids: Teach Kindness, Love, and Thanks
Pin this I am Thankful Printable
Leave a Reply