When it comes to the birth of a child, there isn’t a whole lot that trumps that, especially if it’s the first baby. After nine (it’s really 10) months of
miserably carrying a child, all you want to do when it’s born is scream from the rooftops announcing the birth of the cutest little bundle of joy you have ever seen. There are a few fun ways to do this. Here are a some, both non-traditional and traditional, that you just might want to try for yourself. Of course, if you have already had all of the babies that you plan on having, these ideas can easily translate to unique first birthday, bar mitzvahs…weddings….future unique baby shower ideas…
Announce the Birth of a Child
- Craft your announcement. There are so many cute options here! Make a t-shirt for older siblings to wear that say ‘Proud Big Sister/Brother’, this let’s them in on the announcing too. For those who like a good drink, give out some mini bottles of champagne, beer or soda with a cute tag announcing the ‘pop’. Another of my favorites if to give a small plant, with a stake and a tag that says ‘watch me grow’, pictures on the tag are always a bonus.
- Go the tech route. We live in a digital world, sometimes after the birth of a baby, crafting, baking, DIY…all of that goes out the window. A simple email, with an eCard if you prefer, just might be the simplest route. A mass email, no stamps, not stuffing envelopes, done.
- Traditional paper cards. Okay, so while the tech route may be easier, finding a great card company that you can count on for multiple occasions, just might be an even better bet. Let’s face it, when you have a baby, the birth is only the first of many announcements for that child that you will want to celebrate with your loved ones. If you are going to take the time to order cards, address them, stamp them and mail them, make sure you love them. I love the many options that Basic Invite provides, from almost unlimited colors and instant previews online, the card can be exactly what you want it to be down to the smallest detail. If you still aren’t sold on it, grab a custom sample so you can feel the paper and the print quality. Get your finalized product, seal the envelopes (no they don’t make you lick them, peel and stick baby) and get back to your beautiful new bundle of joy. Seriously, Basic Invite for the #parentingwin.
- DIY. Make if yourself. Chocolate covered pretzel rods with pink or blue sprinkles, pink or blue cookies, bags of popcorn with…the list goes on. You know these baby shower cookies are something that people can just eat and enjoy, say congrats on the baby, and not have something that they have to find a place for. You can even make your own candles that people can burn and use. Always a good choice, and again, a tag with a photo of the baby on it goes a long way.
- Seriously old school. Remember before we texted and emailed…we called people? On the phone? That’s another way that you can let people know you’ve had a baby. Yea, I wouldn’t really do that one either, let’s be honest.
The birth of a child really is a memorable moment, and one to share with those you love. Make is memorable for them as well!