This mummy mason jar doubles as really simple Halloween decor that kids can make and a candle holder! We do seemingly some type of crafting every day during Fall and the Halloween season, there are just so many fun ideas. I recently saw something similar on a trip to the Target Dollar Spot and thought these were just way too cute not to make!
To Make Your Mummy Mason Jar
What you need:
- mason jar
- google eyes
- black foam
- crinkled paper or construction paper
What to do:
- Wrap the gauze around the jar, tucking the ends in.
- Stuff some crinkled paper (similar to paper Easter grass) or strips of crumpled construction paper into the edges of the gauze.
- Cut an oval out of the black foam and attach.
- Glue two google eyes onto the jar.
Isn’t he cute?! You can add some fake flowers for a simple decor, fill with candy, use as a candleholder…the opportunities are endless.
Did you make one? I would love to see what you did with yours!