Summer is a great time to get out and play! Setting up some sensory experiences for kids is a great way to keep them engaged and learning while having fun all summer long. These Summer sensory bins are perfect summer activities for kids.
Summer Sensory Bins for Kids
These sensory bins have fun themes for the summer. They include butterflies and frogs, the ocean, patriotic, lemonade and more!
Many of our Summer sensory bins include painted rocks. This is a really fun way to make a DIY toy that can be used in sensory play, as story stones, and as a fun art project.
What is a sensory bin?
A sensory bin is a bin or a container filled with materials meant to be explored in a hands-on manner by children. The most important aspect of a sensory bin is that is invites children to use the senses to learn. They should be able to touch the materials for sure.
In many cases a sensory bin might invite the senses of taste and smell! You can make a sensory bin by adding a base such as dried rice or beans, sand and more! To this, add themed toys or fine motor tools to kick the learning up a notch.
10 Fun and Engaging Summer Sensory Bins
Click on the links below to see these different sensory bins themed for the summer.
- Butterfly Sensory Bin with Colored Rice
- Camping Sensory Bin with DIY Story Stones
- Lemonade Sensory Bin
- Bubble Guppies Water Bead Sensory Bin
- Fishing Sensory Bin with Water Beads and Magnets
- Back to School Sensory Bin with Painted Rocks
- Red, White and Blue Spaghetti Sensory Bin
- Edible S’mores Sensory Bin: Perfect for Toddlers!
- Life Cycle of a Frog for Kids Sensory Bin with Water Bead Frog Eggs
- Coral Reef Sensory Bin with Water Beads
Enjoy these fun Summer sensory bins for kids! Which will you try to make first?