Is there really anything cuter than little brothers and sisters dressed up for Halloween with some sort of theme? Here are some super adorable costume ideas for siblings and families…because why should just kids have all the fun?
*This post contains affiliate links. For items purchased through these link, this blog makes a small commission.
Costume Ideas for Siblings or Families
Tips for Your Halloween Costume
- If you buy slightly big (not so big that your kids trip) then you can save the costumes for the dress-up bin. Don’t have a dress-up bin yet? Hit up your local retailers a few days after Halloween and score some larger costumes at a major discount. Your kids will play with them ALL.YEAR.LONG.
- Generic choices allow for future re-use. I know your child is totally obsessed with Paw Patrol this year, but if he/she equally likes fire-fighters, that one just might make the cut in the future once they have gotten ‘too big‘ for Chase (speaking from experience here…FYI).
- Ditch the gender stereotypes. I’m a firm believer that boys can play with dolls, and that girls can play with cars. My opinion is no different when it comes to Halloween. Your daughter wants to be Darth Vader? Go for it girlfriend.
- Make your own DIY costume, but don’t forget the wig and the makeup! These will take you a long way and are simple additions to your work of art. Patch test the makeup on your child first by putting a small amount on an area of their arm or the back of the hand, some of those costume makeups can be pretty harsh on sensitive skin.
- Most kids will be trick-or-treating in the dark. Grab some reflective or glow in the dark duck tape to wrap around sleeves or pants, or stock up on some cheap glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets for safety.