Toddlers are full of energy and love to move around. Many toddlers also hold a fascination for dinosaurs and it’s quite common for kids to love them. This printable dinosaur game for toddlers will get kids moving and shaking and practicing some dinosaur terminology.
Why do kids love dinosaurs?
- Mystery and Imagination: Dinosaurs are creatures from the distant past, and their existence is shrouded in mystery. Kids are naturally curious, and dinosaurs spark their imaginations as they try to picture these giant creatures roaming the Earth.
- Impressive Size: Dinosaurs were some of the largest animals to ever walk the planet. The sheer size and power of these creatures can be awe-inspiring for children.
- Variety: Dinosaurs come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and types, from the massive T-Rex to the long-necked Brachiosaurus to the flying Pteranodon. This diversity provides ample room for fascination and exploration.
- Educational Value: Dinosaurs offer an excellent opportunity for children to learn about science, paleontology, and Earth’s history. Learning about dinosaurs can be both fun and educational.
- Connection to Nature: Dinosaurs are part of the natural world, and for many children, learning about them is a way to connect with nature and the history of life on Earth.
- Adventure and Exploration: The idea of exploring and discovering dinosaurs, whether in books, museums, or through play, appeals to a child’s sense of adventure.
- Prehistoric Worlds: Many kids enjoy playing with toys and figurines that depict prehistoric scenes, complete with dinosaurs, volcanoes, and cavemen. These imaginative play scenarios can be captivating.
- Social Interaction: Dinosaurs can be a topic of shared interest among children, leading to social connections and discussions with friends and peers.
As you can see, there are so many reasons kids love dinosaurs and this dinosaur movement game will be a great way to explore that.
‘The Dino Says’ Printable Dinosaur Game for Toddlers
How to play ‘The Dino Says’
This game is a spin on the classic game of Simon Says. Choose one child as “Simon.” The other children listen to Simon, who gives instructions by saying, “Simon says…” telling the kids to perform a physical action. For example, “Simon says touch your nose.” Each child must perform the action. If Simon leaves out “Simon says” before giving instruction, anyone who performed the activity is out!
For this game, ‘Simon’ is ‘The Dino’. To play, the leader would say, “The dino says stretch like a brachiosaurus” and all the players would do a stretch. The game continues just like Simon Says.
Other ways to play with this printable game
If you have toddlers or children who don’t yet read, these can be fun movement prompts to play with:
- use these as brain breaks
- during indoor recess
- to practice the pronunciation of dinosaur names
- any other way you can think of!
What is on this dinosaur game for toddlers printable
- Stretch like a Brachiosaurus
- Waddle like a Hadrosaurus
- Slide like a Brontosaurus
- Dance like a Therizinosaurus
- Slide like a Coelophysis
- Balance like a Diplodocus
- March like a Sauropelta
- Hop like a Oviraptor
- Twist like a Carnotaurus
- Jump like a Parasaurolophus
- Climb like aDeinonychus
- Stomp like a T-Rex
- Walk like a Stegosaurus
- Roll like a Ankylosaurus
- Sneak like a Microraptor
- Roar like a Dinosaur
- Roll like a Triceratops
- Crawl like a Velociraptor
- Run like a Gallimimus
- Spin like a Spinoceratops
Print the dinosaur game here
Click here or on the image below to print the game.