Here is a collection of halloween activities for 1 year olds including science, sensory play and arts and crafts.
When I first had children I couldn’t wait to celebrate all of the holidays with them. I stayed up late sewing my 6 month olds first halloween costume just to fulfill a lifelong dream, he made such a cute elephant.
1 year olds are so much fun, they are truly developing their personalities, can understand language and love to engage in the world around them. So, if you’re like me and just can’t wait to celebrate holidays with your little ones, here are some fun Halloween activities for 1 year olds to do together!
Halloween Activities for 1 Year Olds
Celebrating Halloween with babies can be a delightful and memorable experience, even though they may be too young to fully participate in traditional activities like trick-or-treating. Here are some ideas for celebrating Halloween with babies:
- Sensory Play: toddlers love sensory play. It’s the perfect way for them to explore color, shape, texture, cause and effect and so much more. We love this Skeleton Sand Tray for Halloween Sensory Play , the Jack-o-Lantern Halloween Sensory Bag for Babies or this Witch’s Brew Halloween Soap Foam Sensory Bin. Just take out the small parts when engaging in sensory play with babies.
- Read Halloween Books: switching out the books on displays in your child’s room or in the book basket is a great way to celebrate with little ones. Here is A Month of Pumpkin Books for Kids to Read this Fall that are fun to read around Halloween.
- Pumpkin Activities: Visit a pumpkin patch or bring home a pumpkin to decorate. You can paint the pumpkin (instead of carving) and involve your baby in the process. We love this Fall Pumpkin Activity for Toddlers: Wash and Paint activity.
- Make Handprint Art: I love handprint art for little ones because it’s like sensory play and art all at once! Plus, little baby hand and footprints are always adorable to look at for years to come. Try out this Fall Q Tip Painting Pumpkin Art for Toddlers but use fingerprints instead or q-tips, or print these Halloween Handprint Art & Footprint Art Printable Templates and get creating!
More fun Halloween activities for toddlers
Here are more activities including science, sensory and arts and crafts to do in October with babies and toddlers.
Exciting Fall Science Experiments for Kids // Teaching Ideas
Bat Silhouette Halloween Art // Easy Peasy and Fun
Easy Halloween Sensory Bottle // Simple Everyday Mom
Spaghetti and Eyeball Halloween Sensory Bin // Simple Everyday Mom
Easy Handprint Ghost Craft // Taming Little Monsters
Fist Bump-kins Pumpkin Craft // Thrifty Jinxy
Spooky Spider Sensory Bottle // Messy Little Monster
Spider Sensory Bag for Babies and Toddlers // Messy Little Monster
Bat Shape Matching Printable // Little Ladoo
Handprint Haunted House // Little Ladoo
Easy Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin // The Gingerbread House
5 Little Pumpkins Sink and Float Sensory Bottle // A Little Pinch of Perfect
Lil’ Pumpkin Handprint Craft // A Little Pinch of Perfect
More Halloween Fun for Kids
- Egg Carton Bats Halloween Craft
- Egg Carton Spiders Halloween Craft
- Would You Rather Halloween Printable Game
- Halloween Board Games for Kids
- Printable Halloween Bingo Game
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Halloween Pool Noodle Craft: Spider, Bat & Jack o Lantern
- Halloween Printable Bookmarks for Kids
- Halloween Handprint Art & Footprint Art Printable Templates