These farm themed activities for kids are great for preschool and elementary ages. From crafts and sensory play to printable games!
Kids love animals. Going to visit a farm and checking out the various farm animals has always been an activity that my own kids loved. From animal sounds to picking berries, there is always fun to be had. These farm themed activities for kids are great extension activities to a fun day out at the farm.
Farm Themed Activities for Kids
Upon visiting a farm, your child is likely to be exposed to some animals, see some crops, and maybe even pick their own fruits or vegetables!
When you get home from the farm, you might want to build on those experiences and use them as jumping points for some learning. Plus, as toddlers and preschoolers, children seem to be fascinated by animal sounds, so this is a perfect time for farm activities.
This list includes printable games for a variety of ages, and some fun snacks to try when discussing farms too! Additionally, apple activities are great to do for a fall farm theme with kids too.
- Printable Farm Animal Board Game
- Farm Printable Alphabet Puzzle with Uppercase and Lowercase
- Winter Farm Fake Snow Sensory Bin
- DIY Toys: Farm Painted Wooden Eggs + Printable Barn Template
- Farm Animal Printable Dice Games: A Roll, Count and Cover Math Game!
- Haystacks Snack for Kids: Farm Themed and Kid Made
- DIY Worm Farm: Preschool Science
- Apple Picking Sticky Wall; A Ten Red Apples Activity
- Painting with Apples: A Fun, Fall Art Project
- Apple Playdough Mats: Numbers 1-10 Free Printable
- Apple Pie Sensory Bin with Scented Cloud Dough
Enjoy doing these farm themed activities for kids at home, which will you do first?