The summer days are the perfect time to get outside with kids. The days are nice and long, school is usually out for a few months, and children love soaking up this time to play and enjoy the sun. These outdoor summer activities for kids are simple and fun for all ages!
Outdoor Summer Activities for Kids
Here are 20 different activities to try in your own backyard with kids. These activities will help kids want to get outside and play, off of the screens and bonding with family or friends.
Work through this list and see how many of these outdoor summer activities for kids you can do!
20 Outdoor Activities
- Draw with sidewalk chalk outside or play this Sidewalk Chalk Board Game for Families.
- Make your own sidewalk chalk paint with only a couple kitchen ingredients.
- More sidewalk fun with Erupting Sidewalk Paint! Use a basic chemical reaction to explore a bag of sidewalk paint.
- Make some Soap Foam Sidewalk Paint and put it in a squeeze bottle to write or draw with.
- Make a batch of Ocean Soap Foam to play with outside with.
- Set up an art area outside for kids and take art time outdoors.
- Play a lawn game with the family, from water balloons to water gun fights, these are always fun.
- Take the baking soda and vinegar outside on the water table.
- Make a batch of Flower Garden Soap Foam for outdoor sensory play.
- Make colored sand in the sandbox or even at the beach.
- Paint some Camping Story Stones for Kids.
- Go on a scavenger hunt at a park with this Printable Nature Scavenger Hunt.
- Set up a backyard campsite, or play the Camping Scavenger Hunt Printable Game on a real camping trip.
- Catch lightning bugs and watch them in a jar.
- Make a worm farm to observe how worms work.
- Go on a bug hunt and keep track of a bug journal for what you find.
- Make bubble art by blowing colored bubbles onto paper.
- Work on the garden, or make a pretend garden sensory bin.
- Make a homemade bird feeder.
- Try to build a bird nest with items from a nature walk.
Have so much fun with these outdoor activities for kids!
More Summer Activities: