Printable card games are a great way to play and bond with kids, without the added expense of purchasing many different expensive games. This ‘Go Caroling’ printable Christmas card game is perfect for kids parties, or a Winter break boredom buster.
Printable Christmas Card Game for Kids
When I think back to my childhood, I immediately recall time spent with family playing games. Games and competition were the central point of every family gathering and holiday, and are undoubtedly some of my favorite memories.
With my own children, playing games is among our favorite activities and party games are the best way to celebrate with friends. Plus, this printable Christmas card game is free to download…the perfect combination! Grab the Christmas pictionary game to play while you’re at it!
How to play ‘Go Caroling’:
Download the game below. This is a free and easy printable that just requires a bit of cutting and you are ready to play! Laminate the playing cards for durability and play over and over again.
Additionally, printing on heavy paper such as card stock, or cutting out the playing cards and gluing them onto scrapbook paper will help keep them sturdy, and will keep other players from seeing through the back of the card to note what you are holding!
This printable Christmas card game is playing in the same manner as Go Fish.
1. Each Player is dealt 5 cards
2. The remaining cards are put in a deck face down
3. Starting with the youngest player and moving clockwise, the player asks one of their opponents “Do you have a ____”The card requested should be one the player has in their hand.
4. If the opponent has the card, they must give it to the player who earns a point for making a match.If the opponent does not have the card they say “Go Caroling!”
5. The player must then pick a single card from the deck.If they make a pair, they place it down and earn a point.
*Print two copies of the playing cards to play with more than two players!
Turn this into a Christmas Memory Game
If playing with toddlers, simple print the cards and flip them all over on a table. Children can take turns flipping two at a time and looking for a match!
Print the Go Caroling Christmas card game by clicking on the image below.
Have fun playing!