Summer is such a fun time to do arts and crafts with kids! These ten toddler art projects for summer can be taken outside to do in the sunshine, and will serve as great bonding summer activities for kids.
Toddler Art Projects for Summer
When looking for toddler art projects for summer, look for activities that are open-ended and fun! There are some fun summer themes that you might want to include such as camping, bugs, gardens, flowers or the beach!
Toddlers love getting completely involved in their project, using their senses and entire bodies to have fun with art.
When doing art with toddlers, process art is best! This is art where the end result isn’t important, the focus is on the process. When children engage in art they are practicing creativity and imagination as well as important fine motor skills.
The activities below have fun camping themes, are imaginative, involve the body and multiple senses, or can be taken done as outdoor summer activities for kids. Have so much fun with these toddler art projects for summer.
10 Fun Toddler Art Projects for Summer
- Sponge Stamped Camping Art for Kids: Campfire Craft: Toddlers will love to stamp away with this one, see how big they can make their campfire!
- Toy Story Craft: Paper Bag Puppets : We made these Toy Story themed puppets, but your child can make any animal, person, or design they like. Then you can put on a puppet show!
- Stamped Hydrangea Bubble Wrap Art for Toddlers: Bubble wrap is fun for toddlers to squish and pop. Here you can dab circles of bubble wrap into paint and stamp with it. Then, add stems and leaves to turn their stamps into hydrangeas!
- Sunflower Toddler Art with Puffy Paint: Draw your own basic template and let kids paint away with homemade puffy paint (it’s super easy to make).
- Painting Rocks and Shells at the Beach: You don’t have to do this one at the beach, you can do it in your own backyard.
- Sensory Process Art with Recycled Materials and Weight: Before tossing these items into the recycling bin, experiment with weight and sound and make some sensory artwork. Use large sheets of paper in the backyard and get messy!
- Sensory Stomp Painting with Bubble Wrap: Another bubble wrap art project, but this time, toddlers can jump around and pop the bubble wrap, all while making mess-free art.
- Campfire Handprint Art with Free Printable Template! : Instead of the sponge stamped campfire above, make the flames out of handprints. This one is fun for kids who like to get messy. Make your own logs or print the template and go crazy with handprints.
- Frozen Paint Pops: Summer Art for Kids: Toddlers can use frozen paint to make some fun process art and learn science as the paint melts in the heat outside.
- Soap Foam Sidewalk Paint: Whip up a batch of this foamy sidewalk paint and decorate the sidewalk with more than just chalk!
Enjoy crafting and creating with these fun toddler art projects for summer!