These preschool summer craft ideas are great boredom busters with fine motor skill practice. With fun summer themes like sharks and flags.
Preschoolers love to craft. Taking materials and objects, and turning them into a new creation can seem magical to children. Plus, they love to let their imaginations fly and take great pride in what they make. These preschool summer craft ideas are great for the dog-days of summer and a good way to use some down time. They are high on our list of summer activities for kids.
Crafting with Preschoolers
Preschool crafts often focus on fine motor skills such as cutting with scissors, coloring and glueing. These fine motor skills help make the building blocks for future handwriting!
When crafting with preschoolers, even if there is an end project that they are working towards, encourage as much creativity and imagination as possible. They might want to veer mid-craft and make something totally new, which should always be encouraged.
If you have younger children or are looking for even more ideas, here is a list of 10 Toddler Art Projects for Summer to check out too!
Fun Preschool Summer Craft Ideas
- 2 Fun Bird Feeder Crafts for Kids to Make
- Monster DIY Bookmark Craft for Kids
- Pool Noodle Shark Craft for Kids
- Build a Monster Craft for Kids with Pool Noodles
- Printable Shark Craft that Looks Like Stained Glass
- Parts of an Apple Printable Craft
- Sponge Stamped Camping Art for Kids: Campfire Craft
- Campfire Handprint Art with FREE Printable Template!
- Camping Story Stones for Kids
- Toy Story Craft: Paper Bag Puppets
- Stamped Hydrangea Bubble Wrap Craft
- American Flag Ribbon Wand Kids Can Make
- Butterfly Life Cycle Craft from Recycled Egg Cartons
- Colorful Butterfly and Watercolor Black Glue Craft for Kids
- Cupcake Liner Crafts for Kids
Have so much fun with these preschool summer craft ideas!
Access our Exclusive Content!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, and your password to all of our free printable resources!