These crafts to make with egg cartons are fun for any time of year. Create animals, start a garden or make an art sculpture!
Egg cartons are an inexpensive craft supply with a seemingly endless range of fun and creative projects. When preparing crafts for toddlers and preschoolers, I like to keep in mind that materials are best when versatile and easy to manipulate. These egg cartons crafts for 2 year olds are simple and easy, plus, older kids alike will love to create these!
Crafts to Make with Egg Cartons
Here are some craft ideas that kids can enjoy using egg cartons:
Egg Carton Caterpillar: We like to make these as part of a Butterfly Life Cycle Craft from Recycled Egg Cartons
- Cut the individual cups from the egg carton.
- Have kids paint each cup in different colors or patterns.
- Glue googly eyes to the front cup.
- Attach pipe cleaners as antennae and small paper circles as legs.
Egg Carton Flowers
- Cut out individual cups and paint them in various colors.
- Attach a green pipe cleaner to the bottom of each cup to create stems.
- Add paper leaves or petals to complete the flowers.
Egg Carton Animals: These are great for seasons and holidays.
- Paint and decorate egg carton cups to resemble animals like ladybugs, bees, or turtles.
- Add googly eyes, pipe cleaner legs, and other details to make them come to life.
- Check out our Egg Carton Bats, Egg Carton Spiders and DIY Snowman Ornament Made from Recycled Egg Cartons
- Here is an Egg Carton Witch to add to you seasonal crafting
Mini Paint Palettes
- Cut the lid off an egg carton and use the cups to hold different paint colors.
- This can help kids keep their paints organized while they create artwork.
Egg Carton Masks
- Cut out the individual cups and decorate them as animal masks or imaginative characters.
- Attach string or elastic bands to the sides so kids can wear them.
Seed Starters: Great for an indoor garden starter
- Use the cups of an egg carton as seed starters for gardening projects.
- Fill each cup with potting soil and plant seeds in them.
- Once the seedlings are ready, transplant them along with the carton into the ground.
Egg Carton Jewelry Organizer
- Cut the lid off an egg carton and use the cups to organize and display small jewelry items like earrings and rings.
Egg Carton Art Sculptures
- Cut out individual cups and let kids create sculptures or abstract art pieces by gluing them together in various arrangements.
Egg carton crafts can be a fun and eco-friendly way for kids to engage in creative activities while also recycling materials. Just make sure to supervise younger children when using scissors, paint, or any potentially hazardous materials, and encourage them to let their imaginations run wild! Enjoy these crafts to make with egg cartons.